Lee Gomes from the Wall Street Journal has been doing some research and calculus related with YouTube and its videos, users, bandwidth, money, video titles, search keywords and other stuff. The final result is interesting:
- YouTube hosts over six million videos, growing at about 20 percent every month.
- The videos take up 45 terabytes of storage — about 5,000 home computers’ worth.
- The total time spent watching YouTube videos since it started last year is 9,305 years!
- The content requires several million dollars’ worth of bandwidth a month to transmit.
- The most popular items get an especially large percentage of the traffic.
- The words “dance,” “love,” “music” and “girl” are all exceedingly popular in video titles.
[tags]youtube, lee gomes[/tags]